Sunday 2 January 2011

New decade, new blog!

Happy New Year!

Some of you may have followed me in 2008-2009 as Dancin' Puffin. If you did, hello again! :) If you are new to my ramblings, welcome and I hope you enjoy.

If you know me of old you may have wondered what happened, did I disappear off the face of the earth? Did I fall into a big hole somewhere? Did I get lost in the vast world of cyberspace? Well, life kind of just happened to me for about a year but I'm shrugging off the old and getting on with the new now.

A very good friend of mine suggested that I start blogging again, I thought about it for a while and thought yes, I definitely should. I loved blogging and following you all and reading about your wonderful adventures and crafting antics. So, here I am!

Life is very different for me now and if you keep reading I'm sure you will learn of all the new things in my life. Some things haven't changed. I am still knitting and cooking and enjoying the country life.

So, what's new around here? Snow! Boy did we have a lot of snow here in the lead up to Christmas. We had about 8-10 inches which for Somerest in the UK is quite a lot. Being about 3 miles from the nearest main road and up a hill limited any chance of getting out and about for about a week. I secretly relished the opportunity to be snowed in for a whole week in the lead up to Christmas. I knitted, cooked, wrapped presents and even made some presents (as I was unable to get to any shops!). It was my idea of home heaven :) Here was the view from the landing window:

snowy view

Christmas and New Year were very quiet around here. Food, wine, games and puzzles galore. Again, just what was required! :) Christmas gifts this year included mainly bird feeders and knitting stuff. I have been in my element!

I am really into wildlife and I love garden birds. So far in the garden I have seen: blue tits, great tits, robins, wrens, magpies, chaffinches, long tailed tits, starlings, blackbirds (Mr & Mrs), red wings, coal tits, dunnocks and a collared dove! This list has only been going for two months so I am sure as we move into spring this list will grow. I will keep you updated and hopefully, when I get my new camera (!), I will also be able to post some pictures.

The new camera is an exciting prospect. I am still researching and asking relevant experts for advice but I hope to have one by the end of the month. Then I'll be able to post better pictures on here.

I seem to be lacking in pictures on this first post so I am going to share a picture with you that I love and have had for a long time on my computer. I am not sure where it came from but I love the vintage nature of it:

vintage cartoon

That's all from me today. I hope to post again soon, hopefully with some pictures and updates of my current and recent knitting projects.

Until next time,

Toodlepip!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back - glad to have you back in blogland Gemma. Best wishes for a fun and creative 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gem - so glad you are back with us in blogging world. Your snow picture looks amazing, what a view! Best of luck for 2011!
    Warmest wishes,
    Nickyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your words in a blog again Gem! It makes me happy! I think that life happened to me a lot over the past 18 months. Not in the same way it did to you...but I'm sure if we had a cup of tea together we could compare some notes. So nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog via Zoe's Knitting Bag - I like your title! I look forward to reading your news. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you , lovely to see you again . You will have so much to catch up on.. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete